Can Nepal escape the ritualisation of international peacebuilding?

This is a presentation I prepared and recorded with Camtasia for a conference in Kathmandu in July that I could not attend in person. The conference was entitled

Conflict, Transition and Possibilities for Peace in Nepal: challenges to engagement, practice and scholarship.
The whole video is about 35 minutes long and covers four key areas:
  1. What is ritualisation and why does it matter engaging with peacebuilding?
  2. The transnational work- and lifestyle of peacebuilding in the context of post-conflict Nepal
  3. The local discourse of engaging with peacebuilding rituals
  4. Critical, reflective and creative practice – how to challenge rituals
Can Nepal escape the ritualisation of international peacebuilding?
If you are interested in a pdf-handout or additional information just send me a message and I will share the presentation in a more accessible way.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The worrisome shift to the right of Nordic development cooperation

Should I consider a PhD in International Development Studies?

No Links I Liked 501-Why I am taking a break from my weekly #globaldev content curation

Dear white middle class British women: Please don't send used bras (or anything, really) to Africa

Lords of Poverty (book review)